Monday 7 September 2009

Girl Friend Weekend Day 1: Reflex Bar

I'm most nervous to take Doris to the 80s bar simply because among us 4, she got the highest expectations. Did you remember the Edinburgh 5 star hotel incident? Yeah the one with, the picture on the website doesn't match what I see in present scenario. When I picked her up from town centre, I had no choice but to put those expectations down to the floor. Told her that I haven't been to the bar and to expect nothing but 80s songs and people in costumes.

So 80s! :)

Disco Ball! Is there a bar with disco ball still?

I have no idea what this sign supposed to represent. Grease? HELP!

That was 2 pitcher worth of alcohol. We had 5 pitchers of cocktail split between the 4 of us. We are not alcoholic, we have high tolerance for alcoholic drinks! LOL!

Blue Lagoon is good!


She thinks blue lagoon plus long island is better.


This is what I wore that night. Sequined top from Primark, Black Leggings from H&M and My Zara Gladiator Heels. Forgive me for wearing the same shoes over and over. I shipped all my heels back home.

Random Fact from the night out:

1. As soon as we sat on our table, one guy approached us and asked us if we were really girls. I told them that we're not Thai and def not a lady boys.
2. Doris kissed a 19 year old Brit guy. I gave someone a peck on the lip so he can go away and stop bugging me. Darlene was speaking with a brit when she held his face and gave him a kiss. 3 different instances, same guy. LOL!
3. We went to the pole and dance. I am a full pledged pole and ledge dancer.
4. Someone gave Doris an unwelcome peck on the forehead. The guy looked like Matt Lucas from Little Britain.
5. I learnt to appreciate the don't stop me now song after 5 pitchers of cocktail.
6. We walked home bar feet as we were all in high heels pain and had hot and spicy chicken and chips before we all retreat to bed.
7. We changed our names that night. Doris was Bianca, Darlene was Daniella, Donna was Cassandra, Cassie for short(her words, not mine) and I was known as Alex.
8. My friends played(or should I say flirted) with the guys with ice. So much ice licking happened that night. Use your imagination. Couldn't take photos. My camera died on me.
9. I tipsy called(I didn't get drunk) 3 of my friends to get away from the guys who were bothering our group. Boys are like bad nightmare sometimes. They wouldn't go away!

It was a fantastic night. It was a success! :)

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting