Tuesday 29 December 2009

Project Ailema: Beauty is Pain

I haven't been to a dermatologist before. Okay I admit, I am stingy, I'd rather do things on my own(Read: DIY) than pay someone to do it. But since I am growing up and I am losing my baby soft skin(DISILLUSIONED), I realise that I should give derma a try. To tell everyone the truth, I have a secret obsession on making my skin perfect. The thought is scaring my credit card. :P

We started with consultation. Being inquisitive that I am, I asked my derma about my body scrub obsession. I told him that I used to do it everyday cause it leaves my skin soft and smooth. He told me that there is a reason why you should only scrub your skin every 2 weeks. It is no brainer that scrubbing everyday will take the natural moisture from your skin but I was surprised when he told me that scrubbing will make my skin thicker. That I don't want. He also advise me to stop sunbathing. This is gonna be hard, being a sun worshipper that I am. Well, I trust the expert and I will try to follow his advise.

I found one wart on my eye so I told my derma to remove it. He initially asked me if I have any intentions of going under the sun, I told him no. Warts is viral BTW. Dear boyfriend, you better be clear of warts. Derma Treatments are expensive! I don't want to undergo another laser treatment again.

Photos before the surgery:


Right side of my face. They found more warts. KILL ME!


Left side of my face. That's anesthesia all over my face BTW.
With dressing gown on. I haven't been hospitalised, ever. I am actually scared of going under the knife.


My mum's face with anesthesia. She wants the dark spots on her face removed.

Mum's photos after the laser procedure:



My laser treatment is almost painless. Thank God the anesthesia worked! My procedure took less than 10 minutes whilst my dear mummy took about 20 minutes. Laser means burning the top portion of the skin. My mum's cheeks are covered in scabs ATM. But since it was lasered, it will heal faster than cautery. In three days, she's gonna have a better skin. Almost 40 percent of the darkening will be removed. Good job mum for going to the derma!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting