Tuesday 1 December 2009

Project Ailema: Baking

Lorraine and I were both excited with the new oven purchase. When we were younger, we used to watch a lot of cooking shows hoping that we can someday learn how to cook and bake properly. Well, she did learn how to cook while I am still struggling to make a simple Filipino dish. I wasn't trained in the kitchen at all although I know most of the theories. It's about time that we put the baking theories into good use.

Yesterday, we spent literally the whole afternoon, 3 hours to be exact, browsing and taking our time buying the baking ingredients. It wasn't the most complicated dish but since it's our first, we want it to be perfect. :P

Photo opp! Photo opp!

This pack is ridiculously big!!


And so is this Steam Bun. I wonder which fatty can finish this. Hmmm... I know someone who likes steam bun so much, he ate it 4 nights in a row.

Zappron. I thought it's supposed to be spelled as saffron? Saffron is very cheap in my country.

For dinner, we made lasagna. We mostly relied on Lorraine's sense of taste and our food network theories.

So, From these:


To this:


Yum Yum! We successfully made one! It was both meaty and cheesy. We love cheese so much we can never have enough of it. Next time, cupcakes!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting