Sunday 27 December 2009

Feliciano Family Christmas Tradition

What's your Christmas like?

CHRISTMAS EVE

Ours is very traditional. It starts with Evening Mass followed by a Christmas Feast. As you all know, Christmas Eve also happens to be my mum's birthday. Everyone helps out with food preparation and stays awake til Midnight - eating, chatting and getting excited with the thought of Christmas itself. Contrary to most family's tradition, we don't open presents on Christmas Eve rather we wait til aginaldo time the following morning.

CHRISTMAS MORNING

We were usually woken up early on Christmas day. Take note of the word woken up. Our neighbours start doing their rounds as early as the sun rose. That's like 6 in the morning! We give aginaldo(usually money or toys) to whoever drops by at our place, we also eat and chat with them. Christmas is the time to catch up with relatives. We make it a point to visit my relatives. I love being around my family. In 2010, I will make sure to visit them regularly especially now that my granny is getting older. I almost cried when I saw her again. She looks so weak and fragile. :(

CHRISTMAS LUNCH

Of course we all eat lunch together. When I say all, I mean all. During Christmas, my cousins from all over the Philippines, visits my granny and spend Christmas there. We all stay in one roof. It is one of the things I look forward to this season aside from the mandatory film fest movie and picture taking. *wink*

I only have 3 married cousins so far and in this photo, none of us is married. In my family, it's either you marry late or not marry at all. I say, we must pass out or good genes. LOL!
Business as usual in the Philippines. Mandatory Studio Photo Sesh happens after lunch.
I don't know anyone serious in my family. Maybe that's the secret to looking young. Hahaha!
The stupid bunch. They edited the photos before they printed the copy.

My fun family. I wouldn't wish to be born to any family but my own. I love them!

And the Mandatory serious family photo. I feel sorry for dear brother. He had a hard time looking serious. :P
In this photo: Mama Bear, Older Sister Bear, Older Brother Bear, Baby Bear and Papa Bear.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting