Friday 21 August 2009

Day 3: Rotterdam

Mum had an early train back to the UK so we woke up early the next day so Papa Jack can show her around Rotterdam. Jack lives 5 stops from Rotterdam Centraal. Rotterdam is kinda like the Canary Wharf of London. It is the Commercial and Port District of Netherlands.

First stop - Het Haven Museum. It is the Maritime Museum of Rotterdam.

Porta-loos that can fit four people. In Brugge, Portaloos are more discreet than this. You can only see the head of the person peeing. I didn't take photos though. BTW, these Portaloos are sealed still. We wouldn't dare touch a dirty loo. You wouldn't know if the pee is well-aimed or not. :P

Second Stop - Rubik Houses. People actually live in there and is more expensive than normal houses in Holland.

Another shot of the Rubik House. Papa Jack told us that this place was used on one of Jack Chan's film. I can't remember which film now.

Shot of the bridge with mum.

Outside the Rubik House.

Last Stop - Motor Cars Exhibition. They showed different vehicles - from motorcycles to racing cars to F1 cars. It was my first time! I love the way the cars zoom and hurts your ear. That's just me, I don't know about you guys.

Shot on DSLR on Action Mode of course! :P

This statue is officially called "Butt Plug". I know cause I saw this statue on a Dutch Paper the next day.

We had Rotti and Surinam food for dinner and I had Kaassouffle(Kaas meaning cheese) for dessert. It was a fantastic dinner!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting