Saturday 22 August 2009

Day 5: Brugge

We woke up late the next day, we were ready by 9AM and took the 9:55AM train to Antwerp. The train arrive 10 minutes late and because of that, we missed our IC train to Brussels. To make the story short, we reach Brugge at 2:20PM. That leaves us 4.5 hours to explore the place. As usual,we have lose itinerary with us. Works well for me as I am very controlling when I travel. I MUST see every spot. The more I know, the more controlling I become. So for me and my company to be able to enjoy the whole trip, I must have less knowledge of the place. Papa Jack was supposed to accompany us on that day but he was too busy at work. He said he wants to rebel against his boss but it wasn't the most sensible thing to do. We didn't have a hard time finding the city centre. Jack told us to ask when in doubt and follow where the tourist go. Very good advice I say. We took the first boat that we saw. Jack told us that it's a must - he said it's the highlight of the trip. It didn't disappointed. I like looking at the buildings and feel the calmness of the water. Plus it showed us where we need to go.

This is the usual site on the boat ride.

Belfort in the Centre.

One side of the Square

Another side of the Square

And another side of the Square. On the last side, you'll see the Belfort.

Jan Van Eyck Statue. I hope the camera is powerful enough. Pretty houses lined the canal of Brugge.


Horse Drawn Carriage is the Taxi of Brugge. I didn't see any male drivers.

Godshuis in Brugge.

This is a warm snack vending machine. A first for me.

That's a small portion chips. Imagine how gigantic the large order is. I must add, Netherlands has the best mayo I've tasted. I forgot to try the peanut butter
sauce.
Additional Info:

Brugge passes by Antwerp, Ghent and Brussels. So if we left early enough, we would have time to see Antwerp properly unlike the last time.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting