Tuesday 4 August 2009

Funny Funny

I wasn't able to remember everything but it's all coming back to me now like a Celine Dion song. Here are some of them:

In Pamplona:

1. While on the Kick Off Party for the Bull Run Lloyd, our friend, was approached by a drunk guy. He asked, where are you from? Lloyd said, Philippines. Although we Filos live everything, when a foreigner ask us where we are from, we always answer Philippines. Anyway, back to the story. Lloyd ask the guy where he is from, he said, Mexico. He then said, we have the same language and he started saying, minuto(minutes), segundo(seconds) and Lloyd said savon(soap). Very funny! It is rare to use savon as similar spanish word. I'll say la mesa(table) in a heartbeat! Savon just don't cut it! Oh I forgot to add, on the same convo, Lloyd said, Viva Filipinas and the guy responded with Viva Mexico!

2. YMCA. The party finished at 2AM. We all figured that it is too early to go back to the hotel so we decided to head to a small pub, so small that it only have a bar, 2 cubicles and no sitting room. I needed to pee and when I return from the restroom, YMCA is playing on the background. As tipsy as we were, we started the YMCA craze and as soon as the song ended, we left. Whenever I hear YMCA,it puts a smile on my face.

3. Delayed Flight - Edinburgh. In the airport, we were seated across a couple whose boyfriend seems to be checking up on me. It was so obvious that my friends started to notice. As naughty as I am, I started to rub my legs slowly as if I am nursing a cramped muscle. My friends and I were giggling as we look at him. Lesson Learnt: STOP STARING!

4. Fancy Dress Store - Back in Madrid while loitering around the city, we stumble upon a fancy dress store. Jack insisted on going in cause he wanted to get a Nacho Libre-esque Mask. We went inside and found the wig section, we wanted to try and took photos only to be told off by the owner. It was embarassing! We left like a wet puppy from the store.

5. Full Fight - In Lisbon, Melay and Markus were seated next to a Bull Fight Fanatic who can barely speak english. Whenever he had difficulty speaking in English, he will tap the guy sitting next to him to explain. At one point, Melay said, I can't understand and the guy speak sloooowly in Portuguese. Why the hell people assume that if they speak slooowly people will automatically understand their language? Melay and Markus ended up bobbing their heads the whole time pretending that they understand Portuguese. They gave up explaining that they can't understand English after trying for so long.

Will update this entry as soon as I remember stuffs!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting