Sunday 7 November 2010

Guy Fawkes

I don't know what's the Guy Fawkes Celebration is about so I asked dear boyfriend what happens during the event.  I jokingly asked if they burn marshmallows on sticks like when  people go on camping telling stories about ghosts.  He said, Guy Fawkes, historically speaking, is a man who attempted to blow up the Parliament in protest of the Protestant religion.  They burn him to death.  He is also a Catholic so "we are burning a Catholic tonight".  We are both Catholic.   Enough said.  

The weather was perfect last night.  It was dry the whole week and it wasn't that cold.  It wouldn't be if you were wearing 2 dresses both knits on different thickness and a knitted jumper with 2 tights and a pair of boots. :P  It was a bit muddy though but it didn't stop me from wearing my boots.  Big mistake.  Now, dear boyfriend has to clean it before he goes back to Australia.  In my defense, he volunteered to do it.  

I thought Bonfire is just gonna be plain bonfire.  Watching the celebration from a far in the past years, I was surprised how organised it was.  They've got rides and food stands.  I was also surprised how organised the people are on the way and back with minimum number of marshalls.  Coming from the Third World, I am in awe of all of these.  

Bonfire starts with torch procession, fireworks display, the one in Wokingham lasted for 30 minutes and finally the burning at the stake.  Wish my family was there to experience it with me but then again, they were in a Birthday Celebration last night.  :P

How are your weekend darlings?  














Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting