Saturday 6 November 2010

Jamie's Italian, Reading

This is an acoount of the Jamie's Italian that didn't happen...well almost.

Dear boyfriend and I woke up early yesterday for his eye appointment.  My boyfriend is on the boundaries of legally blind.  I am kidding of course.  Everything was going well according to plan until I went ballistic on something that he said.  We were in Forbury Park then, (as I like to watch the Autumn Leaves fall.  I sweat of cheese factor.) then, the big fight happen.  This hasn't happen to us before.  I'd like to think that we are one of those couples who understand each other so much that I can only get crazy about the long distance but it happened.  We are like any other normal couples after all.  :P

After all the drama, we ended up soooo hungry.  :P


Can you see the ham at dear boyfriend's back?  It reminded me of the Iberico Hams in the Barcelona Mercado.


So Jamie's have 3 loos - male, female and disabled.  I went to the Female of course.  :P








I liked the old school feel to the loo.  I especially liked this flush thing.  :)



I love the mozzarella balls so much I asked Luke to buy me one today at Waitrose so I can eat it.  The flat crispy bread with cheese is nice too and I love the olives.  I think this dish is called Antipasti plate.  It should be good for one but we like to share.  
The Italian Nachos are to die for.  I don't really know what's on it but the crispiness is perfect, the sauce is sweet and the saltiness of the cheese adds a nice finishing touch to the dish.
The main course took a long time to cook so despite having the 2 starters above, we ordered bread.  It got 5 different breads of different flavours and textures.  They didn't give us plates though.  It was a bit messy to eat.
For the main dish:  Luke had angel hair pasta with squid ink and scallops and capers.  The dish was very very light.  I don't normally like scallops but liked it on this dish.
I had Pasta Puttanesca.  Slut's Spaghetti as Nigella Lawson like to call it.  I quite enjoyed my meal.  It really satisfied my hunger and cravings.  My expectations were reached.  PUKKA MEAL!  :P
Half way through the dish.  A dish can feed me and my sister.
Oh I have to add, the place is a bit cramped and the mains took a long to serve.  So if you are super hungry, I suggest you go somewhere else or you buy starters.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting