Saturday 23 January 2010

Childhood Nostalgia: Junk Food

I went grocery shopping yesterday and found these:


Torpedo Ice Pops, Yakult and Chocolate Wafer

I used to eat a lot of junk when I was younger.  The more MSG, the cheaper it is,the better.  *wink*  Does anyone remember the 50 cents Pompoms, Pritos Ring, RinBee and Hotdogs?  I am glad to report that they still exist 'til this day.  In fact, I had Pompoms last week.  

If I have 2 junkfood that will remind me of my childhood, it has to be Pompoms and Chocolate Wafer.

Chocolate Wafer.  When I was younger and still living in Makati, my family used to share a house with my 2 aunts from my dad's side of the family.  And whenever I think of them, I always go back to that age when they were both singles(one old maid now.  :P) and I was their favourite niece.  Hahaha!  I wasn't the nicest kid.  They can attest to that.  My aunt's boyfriend then, husband now, Tito Arman, had a hard time courting my aunt cause I always make a scene when he was around and we all remember that.  I am naughty I know but they love me anyway.  *Charm, Charm, Charm*  Pasalubong(gifts, souveniers or "I am going out, what do you want when I come back?") is normal in the Philippines.  And whenever they ask me for Pasalubong, I always say Chocolate Wafer.  I'm sad to say that they changed the formula now and it doesn't taste the same so maybe that's another childhood nostalgia gone to the drain.  LOL!

Pompoms.  The great Pompoms.  I remember when I used to eat loads and loads in a day.  It was very cheap and it's cheese flavoured.  I remember when my cousin's boyfriend then, husband now Kuya Vic would bring us a whole pack of pompoms and we would eat while playing Mahjong.  Ah, goodtimes.  Pompoms also reminds me of my days in Cabanatuan.  Remember tinda-tindahan, you actually spend money and get leaves in return.  Hahaha!

What's junkfood reminds you of your childhood darlings?  Is it Monster Munch  for you babe? :P

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting