Sunday 1 August 2010

Busy Saturday

How's your weekend Darlings?  Mine's a full schedule.  Yesterday, I met up with my friend Doris to donate blood to the Philippine Blood Center.  While I was giving out blood, I was thinking of my dear sister the whole time and how she wouldn't put herself in this position.  


This photo was taken during the blood lettting.  I asked the nurse to take photo of me cause I wanted to put it in this blog for everyone to see.  :P
And this was after.  I gave out 450cc of blood.  
This wasn't easy for me.  If there are two things that I am scared of, those are big needles and small sharp knives.  The needles they use for blood letting is gigantic!  
Doris.  In my opinion, she can give more.  Just Kidding!  We didn't have photos together as we weren't lying side by side.  


After the blood letting comes the freebies.  LOL!  They gave us 2 cupcakes, one ball point pen, 1 isotonic water and
2 baluts each.  I had to return one.  Baluts are believed to raise your blood pressure.  

After the blood letting, we visited our friend Mark at the Veterans Hospital.  I didn't realise that you can't go in in shorts so I was rejected at the door.  To this date, I still don't know the rationale to that policy.  I see people getting in with it but my morals told me not to break any laws.  Oh BTW, that sign was posted in the entrance of the ward.  I actually saw one person depositing his firearm.  I don't know why we don't ban guns here in the Philippines.  They should really.
Mark is suffering from Dengue Fever.  Dengue is common during rainy season here in the PH so I advised my bf to double up the amount of Mozzie Stuff.  :P

We headed to the shopping centre after and with nothing to do, we decided to watch "Hating Kapatid".  It was a good comedy film ruined by commercials within the film.  Doris and I actually counted the number of commercials in it, they had 11.  Please filos, do a proper film and not milk money from it.

We had late lunch at Mahn Hahn.
I asked for their speciality and the waiter said, Spicy Ribs.  It wasn't spicy at all.  It resembled Lechon Kawali and we weren't very happy with it.  The size was generous though.
Doris wanted broccoli.  I wanted oyster sauce so we end up with Broccoli with Oyster Sauce.
The whole meal including a bottled water and a green mango shake costs PHP640.  
The last photo I took before I ran out of battery.  We walked around the shopping centre but bought nothing. We couldn't find something that we like.

It's half past 7 now and I still have lots of things to do.  Dear boyfriend is arriving today at 11AM and I have to pack for both Taiwan and HK.  We are staying in Makati for 3 days so maybe I'll go home in between.  I haven't heard from dear boyfriend and I am a bit worried.  Hope he's okay.  :)


Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting