Sunday 22 August 2010

Day 4: Danshui Cycling

I asked dear boyfriend if cycling is a sport.  He said yes and I told him that that maybe the only sport that I am good at.  To be honest, I am not really a sporty kid.  I've always been into studying and reading books.  I know, I sound so nerd but it's true.  I am more of a brain person.  Now, that's arrogant.  Hahaha!

As I've mentioned before, there are lots of biking trails in Taipei.  I am always on the look out for cycling places where ever I go.  It started with Amsterdam, then Thailand and now Taipei.  I hope they do the same in Manila but pedestrians are not really safe here.  PedXing aren't honoured here.  

We got off at the Danshui Station which is the last stop on the Red Metro Line.  We don't know where to go to rent bikes then so we asked the Info Desk at the station.  Good thing that he can speak English and there is a bike rental 5 minutes away from the station.  To be honest, I just do my research but I don't do enough.  Good thing I am lucky with life.  LOL!  

We rented our bike for 2 hours for 150NTD each.  BTW, if you want to rent bikes, you should bring a proper ID with you as it is a must.  For 2 hours, we cycled for 12 KM.  I think that's a good achievement.  It was fun cycling from Danshui to Taipei but from Taipei to Danshui is a bit of hell.  We were both hot(we started to cycle at 1PM) and thirsty.  The view gets uglier and uglier the nearer you get to Danshui Station too.  I am just being honest here.

Here are some of the photos from our cycling trip:

















We were supposed to go to Lengshuikeng Hot Spring but it was 4PM then and we were advised not to go as the buses run out of service after 6PM.  So to the Photography Street we go but first
Shaved Ice with Mango.  It was the most delicious dessert I had on my Taipei Trip!  I think the place was called Meet Fresh.
The Photography Street.  I tell you, it is cheaper to buy everything in Taipei than in HK.  Luke regret not buying his photography stuff in Taipei.  He now thinks HK is a rip off.

Then we went to Shilin Night Market.  Now we have to clarify this.  Shilin Night Market is a place for foodie and kids.  The proper Shilin clothes market is across the Shilin Night Market.  If you want to eat at Shilin Night Market, please avoid the spicy steak-y as the lady calls it.  It was the worst thing that we had.  It has fried fatty pork with horrible peppery sauce(which makes it spicy) with pasta.  Yes, that's pasta!  Ewwwwww!
I love these cute slip ons.  I don't know when I grew up and stopped using slip ons and chucks.  I miss those days.
The Shilin play place as I call it.  It resembles a "peria".


Wow!  No drama.  I must be well fed.  Hahahaha!

Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting