Monday 23 August 2010

Day 10: Yung Kee Restaurant and Pumpernickel

We went for a swim that morning.  The rooftop swimming pool boasts of the 360 view of the harbour.  It was amazing!  Our room was amazng too.  We had harbour view.  :)

Yung Kee Restaurant:

We were hungry so we consulted the book.  Luke asked me if I wanted some dumplings and I said yes.  He said, according to the book, Yung Kee, a Michelin Star Restaurant, serves dumplings from 2PM.  We both haven't been to a Michelin Star Restaurant before so this would be a good experience for us.  

The restaurant was packed but since they own the whole building, there were no shortage of tables, I assume.  We were seated on the 4th floor, the VIP Section.  I still don't know the reason why they took us there.  All I know is that, we were lucky to get a table.  :)


This place gives a Chinese Mafia feel.  Sliding doors, connecting rooms, dark wood, crazy carpet and people playing Mahjong on the next door.
When we place our order, the lady suggested Century Egg.  As I am open to experiencing everything, I said yes immediately.  I don't like the jelly look to it.


I had a hard time swallowing it.  Good thing we only have half each.  :P
Then we had egg tarts.  I ate so much Egg Tart on this trip.
Crispy Pork Dumpling.  
Then we had steam buns.  I love steam buns.  Theirs is delicious!!!  We also had ribs, steamed vegetable dumpling and tripe.  I thought it will come in small strips, but it didn't.  Luke doesn't wanna try it so I ended up eating almost everything.  I felt like I was a contender on Fear Factor.  It was very hard to swallow at the end.




At Central:


This was totally random.  While Luke and I are walking in Central, I saw a friend from the UK.  He said he moved in HK last December.  I told him that I was in HK last December.  He was on his way to work and he seems like he's in a hurry so I told Luke to took a photo of him and me. :)

We went to the Wanchai, to the Kung Fu Shop, to Sneaker Street in Mongkok and to other night markets that day.  Still, I didn't find anything nice and cheap.  We also went to the high end stores in Central. 

At Pumpernickel:





This must be the most delicious pasta dish I had in my life.  I seriously have dreams about this.  

Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting