Monday 23 August 2010

Day 6: HK Arrival

I will tell you a secret, the Taipei trip was my trip.  I've been to HK before so I am not really excited.  Why HK?  Dear boyfriend told me that it's one of the places in Asia that will not require me a visa.  :P

To be honest, nothing exciting happened on our first day in HK.  Dear boyfriend flew with Cathay and I flew with Cebu Pacific.  My flight was 4 hours earlier than him so I asked him to lend me his "I hope they serve beer in hell" book.  We both found it while browsing in Powerbooks in Makati and we are convinced that it was a good book to read.  I didn't find it engrossing at first but the stories grew on me.  It was a true story of a man named Tucker Max and his foolishness(READ:  Sex stories and all the craziness).  It was fun.  I almost finished most of the stories when he arrived.  I also forgot that his flight would arrive at 2:10PM, I was at the gate at 2:45PM.  Good thing people in customs are slowwww that day.  :)


My God!  RECESSION!  This is the new Cebu Pacific Boarding Pass.
Love the HK MTR!

We immediately passed out when we got to the hotel.  It was half past 3PM then.  Dear boyfriend thought that he could go out and walk while I sleep.  Well babe, you are as tired as I was.  I woke up at half past 7PM and went to the shower.  We were both hungry at this point so we consulted his guide book.  Yeah,foreigners do that.  We couldn't find one for Taipei so we were lost most of the time.  He suggested that we should go to "Delicious Kitchen" in Causeway Bay.  So here's where the bitchyness began.  We couldn't find the street.  We already walked through the block and we are still lost.  After walking through another block, I told him that we should just go to a random restaurant.  He ignored me and just kept on walking.  After 10 minutes or so, we stumble upon the street that we are looking for and found "Delicious Kitchen".

The restaurant is small.  Very simple eatery which serves delicious food.  The servings are enough for the two of us too.  I ordered my usual Yang Chow Fried Rice and Shredded Beef and he ordered Crispy Dumplings. We established that night that Crispy Shredded Beef is a UK speciality.  That was my last Crispy Shredded Beef order in HK.  :P






After dinner, he went to the Nikon Shop just across the Causeway Bay Station to look for a replacement for his broken lens.  The staff was convincing him to buy the lens and used the line,"why are you make things so difficult?"(difficolt as he pronounced it).  We use that famous line whenever I turn into a bitch and throughout the whole HK Trip. 

Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting