Monday 22 December 2008

Simbang Gabi

For my Non-Filo blog followers, I will tell you a short background about Simbang Gabi. Simbang Gabi is also known as Roaster's Mass or Misa de Gallo. As practiced in my country, this lasts for 9 days. This entails a typical Midnight Mass from the 16th to the 24th of December. Tonight, I attended one. And tonight, I felt homesick, almost choking in between songs. This never happened before. I'm sad, I miss my country, my friends and the Simbang Gabi where we the whole family used to walk to the church together, go to mass together and walk home with friends and family. I wish to spend Christmas to the Philippines next year. :(

We call this Belen or Manger. This photo was taken from St. Mary's Catholic Church in Sloane Square.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting