Thursday 25 December 2008

Christmas Tradition Nostalgia

If there is one occasion that I like the best, that would be Christmas. I don't remember any bad Christmas Memory. In my family, we usually attend 9 nights of Simbang Gabi cause my grandmother (granny as we call her) is deeply religious and everyone else we know goes to church during this time, like a big Catholic Social Gathering. On the Christmas Eve, the whole Feliciano clan go to church. We all gather to prepare food, I normally wait til the food is ready and eat before everyone elses, I can't help the pig in me. Hehe! We all eat together and chat until it is dawn. Dad wake up the earliest on the Christmas day itself, he puts loud Christmas Music on, this wakes up everyone with a bit annoyance. Who wouldn't be if you slept late the previous day. He knocks on everyone's door announcing it is Christmas. He opens the front door and people start coming greeting everyone, we offer food and chat with them. We give money or gift to kids, as their Aguinaldo. Now that I think about it, Christmas is about Family in my country. We stay together, eat together and do activities together. I miss spending Christmas at my granny's.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting