Monday 1 February 2010

Job Requirements - NBI Clearance Hell

Most companies in the Philippines require you to get NBI clearance, Barangay Clearance and Medical Certificates before they actually hire you.  I was only left 4 days to complete all my job requirements since Dear Boyfriend and I agreed that I should visit him in Thailand before I start with work.  Initially, I planned to sort home stuff but love prevails.  LOL!

I went to get my NBI Clearance in Diliman today.  Although I was familiar with the location, I didn't know where the exact location is.  The nosy man sitting next to me in the jeep asked where I was going and he actually directed me to it.  I was lost as soon as I stepped into the place.  They didn't have any marshalls directing the people where the first counter is.  You can't actually tell which queue is which - no barriers!  

The 6 steps to getting your NBI Clearance in QC.  Please come prepared.  I didn't write hell for nothing.  :p

1.  Pay for the NBI Clearance.  It took us 2 hours just to pay the NBI Clearance. Come prepared with at least one ID.  No need to photocopy it.  
2.  Fill the form in the nearby table.  I know it's ridiculous but it is actually part of the steps.  I was thinking, they could save time by distributing the forms while people are queueing to pay the NBI Clearance.
3.  Finger Prints.  No queueing this time.  Don't worry about the ink.  They sell wet tissue for 5 pesos each.  Hahaha!  Lorraine told me that when she got hers, the man doing her fingerprint gave her tissue and asked for 5 pesos.
4.  Queue again for photo.  I don't know why they can't just do this without queueing!  It took us less than 30 minutes to have our photo taken.  Thank God!
5.  Queue again and again for Data Entry.  It took us another an hour and a half just to get served for 5 minutes.  It was horrible standing the whole time outdoors in a very hot weather.  When I finally got mine, it was 5PM and NBI closes at that time.  Ranillo, the guy that I was speaking with the whole time was asked to go back at 6PM while I have to get mine on the 16th. 
6.  NBI clearance release conunter.

It was scared being there.  Everyone was tired and shouting and are being unreasonable.  Ranillo said, it felt like he was in a cock fighting event.  I agreed with him.  We both bitch about the system.  We both wish that the government do something about the situation maybe hire marshalls, put barriers, catch fixers and be more systematic.  I also wish that everyone can get advance schedules online, get automatic numbers so we know exactly when we are gonna get served and have home delivery too.  Not everyone can afford a free day.  People work too!!!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting