Tuesday 14 July 2009

Day 8: Lisbon and Bull Fight

We all woke up late the next day. We were supposed to go to Grand Via to check the place but noone is capable to wake up early after a drunken night out. I was woken up by my thirst at 9AM. I left the hotel with my bloodshot eyes and hurried to the first store that I saw. I've never been so dehydrated in my entire life!!! Yes, to the point that I will leave the hotel in my sleeping clothes. That is def a first for me. :P I completely forgot about the mini bar. Hahaha!

We arrive to Lisbon that afternoon. I've never seen so much tiled walls in my life. I remember pointing out to Lloyd that the tiled walls remind me of Philippine Toilets. No offence to people of Lisbon. I didn't know that tiled walls and tiles in general is their thing. I must say, Lisbon have a very relaxed atmosphere to it. Very provincial. We drop our things as soon as we left the hotel and went to the first restaurant that we saw. We had Italian food btw. :P
This is my breakinng the rule photo. I had to have a good shot. It was fun being in the fountain. The water is knee deep and cold.
This photo was taken outside the Bull Fighting arena. Animal Rights group protesting. People are actually taking photos with them.

Inside the bull fighting arena. We didn't plan to watch the bull fight. We saw the ad and went for it. We were lucky cause they show Bull Fights every Thursday in the months of May to Sept and we were there Thursday. Things would have been different if we arrive on a Friday. We have to pay 30 Euros for 6 rounds. It was the Matadors 25th anniversary btw and they have a special Spaniard Matador guest. In Portugal, they don't kill bulls. They torture them slowly hence the animal rights group outside.

We wanted to take photos of the group and we found this deserted bar.

Strike a pose! :) We went to the first bar that we saw. It was called Hawaii and was full of fruity men. They were very muscular with body hugging shirts. While Lloyd was dancing he made sure that he won't make any eye contacts. Actually, one guy started to dance on his side and high fived him after a song. Signs!!! There was a funny guy who followed me where ever I go. It was funny. He wasn't good looking though. Things will be different if he was hot! I still have my standards eventhough I'm on holiday. :P

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting