Sunday 11 July 2010

Yamato Drums of Japan Experience

I had to apologise about my Yamato rantings on my previous post.  I'm sorry.  You see, after I wrote that, I immediately contacted the Japan Foundation and ask them where I can get the tickets.  Turns out, it's free and you have to come there on a first come, first serve basis. 

Here's what happened on the day:

I met up with my friend Doris.  Actually, I've been meeting with her during the week and I've met all her immediate family apart from her brother.   We then went grocery shopping and walked around the shopping centre taking the piss out of everyone, reminiscing about our pole/ledge dancing days in the UK and how we wish we were back there with our girlfriends dancing in the clubs and drinking.  

We queued up for 2 hours.  During that an hour and a half queue, people aren't piling up.  I thought we were in a good place.  Turns out, people can reserve tickets online.  I wasn't informed about this when I emailed them.  It just seems unfair that it's free, you can go on a first come first serve basis and people can reserve tickets online???  The Invitational performance happened on the 8th and open field happened on the 9th.  I was worried that we weren't able to get in.  I was really excited to see them and been hyping the show to Doris.  After all the people with reserved tickets got in, we were given tickets.  So annoying that people can use their power to get in.  One men took at least 6 tickets whilst not in queue.  

The performance is just as I've expected.  It was similar to their London performance.  Although the stage is smaller, they were able to perform just as good.  Doris would normally talk during films or performances running a commentary but she was actually behaved.  I was worried that she might not be able to enjoy herself.  She actually liked it.  I loved it too.  It was very entertaining, the crowd is cheering, laughing and clapping.  The person next to me talked so much on the first 2 performances but stopped on the third.  Thank God!  I only give 3 hits to people until I speak with them.  

I love live performances!  Just brings the best out of artist.  If they are to come here again next year, I would definitely go again especially if it's free.  :)

With my good friend Doris.  I'm so happy that she's back.
Flyer for the event.  Earlier on the queue.
I was ecstatic when I received my tickets.

This was just half of the people watching the show.  We were seated on the left bleachers.

And after their show, they were nice enough to take photos with their fans.  Usual Doris fashion, she called one of the drummers and shouted, photos on this side please.  Which the guy obliged.  After she had her photo taken with the guy, she asked for another photo.  He was shocked but Doris is serious about her photos being taken.  Hahaha!






Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting