Monday 5 July 2010

China, Korea, Taiwan: What's my best option?

CHINA

Dear boyfriend and I are planning on another Asian Tour.  The initial plan was for him to go to the Philippines for 3 days then we fly to Hong Kong then take a sleeper train to China but the Chinese Visa is impossible to get.  For Filipino passport holder, the REQUIREMENTS are long and obtaining a visa is difficult.  So we are keeping our options open which now brings me to our next country of choice, South Korea.

SOUTH KOREA

I've spent the whole morning calling 3 embassies today.  I called the Chinese Embassy but it was either engaged or no one's picking up.  I then researched the South Korean Hotline, rang them and was slapped in the face with cold hard fact - I can't apply for a visit visa cause I am not working at the moment.  I asked if I can go with a sponsor, they said no.  How about if I'm a student? They said my parents can sponsor me.  I am neither a student(not yet) or working.  Obtaining a visa would have been easy.  Here are the requirements:

1.  Application Form
2.  1 Passport Size Picture
3.  Passport
4.  Employment Certificate
5.  Bank Certificate
6.  ITR(Income Tax Return)

TAIWAN


Taiwan doesn't interest both me and dear boyfriend.  I suggested it 'cause it's the nearest country from the Philippines.  Japan's visa is as difficult as China's so we crossed that out for now.  Taiwan is surprisingly easy.  I am qualified to apply for my visa online cause I am a US Visa Holder.  Thanks Mum for getting one last year!  Here's the link.

Hope this helps everyone who's planning to go on an Asian Tour.  Good luck Darlings!  :)

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting