Thursday 6 May 2010

Peri Peri Charcoal Grill

In the UK, I used to go to Nando's almost every week.  I won't deny that I am very much addicted to their spicy chicken.  I used to order quarter spicy chicken with spicy rice and peri peri chips.  It's been ages since I had the Nando's taste and I am craving for one now.  The other day, while I was grocery shopping with Mother Georgie and Mama Cy, we passed by a Peri Peri Chicken Restaurant.  I can't tell you how much I wanted to eat right there and then but I restrained myself.  

I took the morning off today, went to the bank and made sure that I had enough time to go to the Peri Peri Restaurant.  I must say, the ambiance is just okay.  Nothing special, just a fast food feel to it.  I was greeted by by a warm "Hola Senorita" and my order was taken and served immediately.  To be honest, I was disappointed with the taste.  It was just okay.  The chicken is a bit dry for my liking but the gravy was fantastic although the chicken is not meant to be eaten with gravy.  With that being said, my quest for the best Peri Peri Chicken is not yet over.  Hopefully I find something that matches the Nando's taste soon.  Babe, please don't forget my Peri Peri sauce or I won't speak with you throughout your R&R.  :P





The place sits about 40 people.  The downside is, they only have 1 shared toilet.
Loved the fact that each table got their own cutleries. 
My order - COMBO C.  It comes with quater chicken, gravy rice(yes, the gravy is for the rice) and 1 side dish of your choice.  This meal costs 155PHP plus 10PHP for Java Rice upgrade.  Drinks starts from 32PHP.
Told you the chicken was dry.  This reminds me of Nando's in Malaysia.  The only Nando's meal that I wasn't able to finish.  :P
I hate the fact that the condiment wasn't labelled.  Allergic Reactions people!!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting