Tuesday 13 October 2009

Thailand Day 3: A very Thai experience

I did two things which I haven't done before: Thai Massage and Muay Thai.

Thai Massage:

I have so many things which I didn't do when I first went to Thailand in 2005. Going to a Thai massage is one of them. My mum shared a car with Tito Charlie then. We were all working on weekdays so we only have the weekend to ourselves. On weekends, either we go on trips, see a film(my mum 's fave past time) or go shopping. It was very very relaxing. I am not a freak planner then so I didn't complain much. The less I know, the less I complain. :P

Thai massage is nothing that I've imagined. They used so much stretching and body weights during this massage. At one point, I was scared that I was literally gonna shit myself. During the massage, I felt like taking a dump and adding pressure on that area didn't help either. It would be a nightmare if I pooped on the massage bed. Hahaha! The massage was good, it only cost 200 baht for an hour.

Muay Thai:

Everyone that knows me, know that I like bone breaking action films. So it is no surprise that I can sit all night enjoying endless rounds of violence. I meant, kicking and punching. It was good apart from not getting any reactions from Luke. Guess you can't really expect a guy to scream during fights.

BTW, we paid 1500 baht each for this. We left at the 10th fight and they still have few fights left.


During the ceremonial dance.


The actual fight.


After each round, they give the fighter a massage and stretch their muscles.


They pour water to them too. Luke told me that it's a way of cooling them down. I had no idea. I've never worked out that hard in my entire life.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting