Wednesday 22 April 2009

I Believe(?)

Have you remembered the Sex and the City episode wherein Carrie and Charlotte went to the "I believe" seminar? This was after Charlotte's divorce and she was putting herself out there so she can find "the one". It's been replaying in my mind since I saw a re-run more than a month ago. Segue to present, my friend Melay who is now 30 just found the one. She deserves it. She never stopped believing in love, she put herself out there and she wasn't afraid of failing and trying to meet people until she found him. I remember when she went on a dating frenzy, stopped cause she thought she found the one then the guy just disappeared on her. It never stopped her from trying again. Her man's profile is looking good so far, he is very spontaneous, likes planning with her and taking care of her. He makes sure that she feels secure, she said she have no doubts and they make sure that they talk about their issues. She inspires me.

WARNING : The following statements are cheesy and may cause puking. Stop now if you are allergic. :-P

Here is my new set of standards in relationships:

1. I want an expressive guy. I want to hear those three little words. It is important for me. I am no mind reader.
2. I want a boyfriend/activity partner. I want me and my man to share the same interests or at least we try to do things together that we haven't done before. Planning is different from putting things to action.
3. Travel together. Planning equates commitment for me. If you can't plan a trip abroad or locally for a weekend then I see a commitment problem.
4. I want to be involved in his family. I want to know his family after 6 months of dating. That is long. If he is serious then he shouldn't have doubts or fear about meeting his family.
5. I want to be surprised. Surprises make me feel special. I like to receive flowers.
6. I want to be his priority. I hate to hear that his career is more important than me. I can compromise but he should do the effort as well.
7. I want to feel secure all the time or at least clear my issues. No procrastination. Issues should be discussed and cleared.
8. I want someone who will make me happy and will make me feel like a woman.
....and I all realise these things while I was having my afternoon walk. :-P

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting