Friday 10 April 2009

Day 2 - Vatican City

Attending the mass at Vatican City held by the Pope on a Palm Sunday is the most overwhelming experience of my Spiritual life so far. Why overwhelming you may ask? It is totally unexpected that the mass was held outside the Basillica. The present Pope, Pope Benedict is both rebelious and elusive. The tour guide(again) told us that he stopped doing his Weekly Wednesday Mass and the Palm Sunday Mass was unannounced. We were very lucky to have attended such event. The choir or should I say, the orchestra is very magical. It sounded a bit like the Gregorian Monk. On prayers, one Filo was invited to ask for hers. I was totally surprised. She said her prayers in our Language too. We almost accept the host from the Vatican though. :(


That's the Pope on the screen. :)

Below is a picture of me enjoying my Fragola Gelato (Strawberry Flavour Ice Cream). It was very warm during that day. The mass lasted for more than 2 hours.



Eating makes me happy still.


We went to Piazza del Popolo after lunch and my Gelato session. Must visit in Rome. I love,love the place!


That's a photo of me in the middle of the piazza. To my back is an obelisk. On both sides of the square are fountains, museum on the left, church on the right and park on top. It got everything!
Outfit - Top borrowed from my sister, leggings from Zara and Flats from Primark

From Piazza del Popolo, we went to the Spanish Steps. According to the magazine that I read, this is the equivalent of Bond Street in London where you can purchase high end designer stuffs. Well, not quite on my opinion. They have a very small selection - Gucci, YSL, Missoni but I didn't see any LV.


The tour guide from the first day said that the left side is owned by French Government while the right side is owned by the Spanish Goverment.

We went to take photos of The Valentino Building(yes, the Valentino!), then to Pantheon and took photo with Pinocchio. Exhibit A - Photo shown below. :P

Last stop was Piazza Navona where we had Coffee and Gelato once again. This place looked like an artist centre. Painters in the centre of the piazza and the whole place is lined with either Pizzaria/Ristorante, Coffee shop or Gelateria.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting