Thursday 9 April 2009

Day 1 - Walking Tour

My sister at the Pizzeria(which don't sell Pizza for lunch)

Unsalted Butter. Yes, sitting on ice. Defo a first for me!

Me and My Mum at the Forum
Outfit - Dress from Topshop(borrowed from my sister), Flats from Primark and Cardigan from Zara

Trevi Fountain

ON THE WAY TO THE AIRPORT

We left home at 3:30AM in the morning with hardly any sleep. I was cramming the night before to get my things sorted for the trip. I was worried that I won't be able to pack pretty clothes. Hahaha! We were in a hurry to go to the bus station and we got there just before the bus left. We arrived in the Airport safe and sound with 2 hours before the check-in. I am tired already thinking about it.

ITALY

It took us about an hour to reach the Hotel from the Fumicino Airport. The Hotel is small contrary to the photo shown on the Internet. Cheap Trick, I say! :-P We only stayed for an hour to freshen up and proceed with our tour of the City. First stop, Colloseo. It was a bit late when we got there so we just walked around the City. I was a bit lost when I got there, probably overwhelmed of the experience. I don't know where to start or where to go. We ended up walking to the Forum and then proceeded to the Spanish Steps where we found a free Roma walking tour. I haven't done any walking tours before so I have no idea how long it will take or what happens in a walking tour. My goodness! It took us 3 hours. We walked from Spanish steps, to Valentino's house, to Pantheon, to Trevi Fountain covering almost every part of Central Rome in a day. We were so tired so we finished the day off with Gelato and Supermercato dinner(supermarket), they actually slice pizza by scissors.

Things that I've learnt from the walking tour:

a. There are 400 churches in Rome
b. 13 obelisks in the whole city, 8 of which came from Egypt. An obelisk with a cross on top means that a church is nearby.
c. The obelisk in Vatican is the only obelisk that doesn't have to be restored, it contains Christ's original cross(the one where he was crucified).
d. Pantheon is a gift from the Geek which the Pope converted to a church.
Day 2 later. :)

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting