Sunday 15 February 2009

Valentine's Meal

I am one of the mushiest person I know. :D I love dressing up and going on dates, I love popcorn/pizza and DVD's, I love long drives, I love endless phone conversations and yet I was depressed on Valentine's day. After my night out at Sakura, I slept the whole morning waking up at 1 in the afternoon. I wasn't excited about the day at all. I dreaded going out and seeing happy couple holding hands, with bunch of flowers on hand, cuddling and kissing. By 4PM, I was back at bed again then finally woke up at 4:30PM to put mud pack on my face and hot oil on my hair and by 10 to 6PM,I am off to church.

We had an improvised dinner after church. Bought 4 whole chickens from Nando's,(My favourite. Nando's in Asia taste different. Definitely gonna miss that when I leave the UK)Peri-Peri chips with Perinaise sauce and spicy rice. Yum yum! The dinner went very well. I talked endlessly with my church family discussing all topics - recession, laying off, my plans of going back home, relationships(I don't have one and I don't think I will have anymore. I can't seem to trust anyone now and I don't want to try and look for anyone), Italy Trip plans, everyyyyything til it's 2AM! We were surprised that we can last that long without alcohol unlike British people. They can't seem to talk unless they are chugging on endless litres of liquor! Talking from own experience, don't grill me. Anyway,so we left at 2ish AM and had a 10 minute agonising walk. The streets are full of drunk people, swearing, shouting, cursing, taking the piss out of random people and provoking passers-by. Now, I am not painting a dangerous country here, it's just that, when people drink in here, they get hammered and when they get hammered, they seem to pick up a fight. It is scary for us as we were minorities and we were walking late at night with no man with us. No worries, we were home safe now. :)

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting