Wednesday 11 February 2009

Oh Boots, It is ridiculous!

AFTER CARE APPOINTMENT

It is official, I am getting blind. I went to Boots yesterday morning for my contact lens after care. After working with computer for so long, I can say that my eyes went from blurred to blind. Yes, blind. You see, in the last 6 months, my eyes have gone to -1.50/-1.50 to -1.75/-1.75 to -2.25/-2.5. In my family, there are only 4 people who wears glasses on both sides of the family(except for the oldies of course) - me, my dear sister, my cousin Ruzelle and my nephew Argene. So me saying blind isn't a exaggeration.

EYE TEST

After my after care appointment, I was asked to do series of eye tests which I gladly agree as an excuse to skip my college class. BUSTED! The optician is not motivated at all. He looks like, I am only here for money. He didn't explain what the test is for or what the result of the test is. Great! The First test consist of "count the green dots" followed by "I will blow air into your eyes" and "look into the picture". Nothing made sense and nothing was explained to me.

LENS REPLACEMENT

Now that my prescription has gone up, it is only natural that I express interest on changing the lens of my old glasses. I told the sales assistant that I want to use my old glasses and she said that the style that I have was DISCOUNTINUED and if it breaks, they are not held responsible for anything. She suggested that I should buy a new pair of glasses instead cause it will be cheaper with my Boots Vision Plan(£50 off promo). I told her that I will have a look on what's on sale. After few minutes of browsing, she approached me and showed me the same glasses that I have, the one they said was DISCOUNTINUED! How ridiculous will it be buying the glasses that I already have? What would I do with two glasses of identical style? On even more ridiculous note, Lens cost 180 quid versus Glasses and Lens for 130! Seriously,it is fucked! I ran as soon as I got the chance. I don't like being robbed. CREDIT CRUNCH PEOPLE!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting