Monday 20 December 2010

Mum's Pre Birthday Celebration

Whilst having my dinner party with my two gorgeous girls Darlene and Donna, my mum told us that she wanted a birthday party for herself as she hasn't experienced "blowing candles" on a birthday cake before.  She is turning 53.  Poor mum.  I, being the eldest, took this as a challenge(like Barney would say, Challenge accepted.  LOL).  I asked her for the party theme, she said she had no idea.  She suggested Christmas.  I told her that it is her birthday and it's not a Christmas Party.  I know that my mum loves flowers and I want her to wear coloured clothes(she is the black and white type) so I emailed everyone to come in coloured clothes.  I chose the shabby chic theme.  I am feeling Cath Kidston, Emma Bridgewater and Rachel Ashwell.  The colour scheme is very subtle and I can use lots and lots of flowers.

I am glad to report that everything went apart from people arriving late.  I am a controlling b*tch and I feel uncomfortable with people not arriving on time.  Plus my friends had to wait for an hour before they were able to eat.  On the plus side, I am happy that everyone was very helpful.  I emailed everyone asking if they can bring food.  Most of them responded with Yes.  I've never seen my nuclear family entertain people before so this is like a first for us.  I was a bit annoyed in the beginning as I don't know what to do(controlling b*tch alert!) but I was able to relax after drinking. No wonder people drink wine or champagne when entertaining a big group of people.  I now know how it feels like.  :P

To everyone who come last night, Big thanks to you all!  It made my mum happy.  She now had a video of her blowing the candle.  Thanks for celebrating the big day with us.  Mum turns 53 on the 24th of December. Another celebration perhaps?  :P










 (click on the photo to enlarge)


Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting