Tuesday 28 December 2010

Feliciano's 2010 Christmas Celebration

I am very lucky that I was able to celebrate Christmas with family yearly.  Last year, the whole family was together in the Philippines and this year, I joined my mum and my sister in the UK to celebrate Christmas.  

UK Christmas Celebration is very much different to the one I used to have in the Philippines.  For one, the traditions and practices are different and two, we weren't surrounded by relatives.  In the Philippines, we go to church for 9 consecutive nights to hear the mass.  In the UK, that 9 consecutive nights of mass is compacted to one.  We have people "carolling" at our doorsteps, in the UK, we go to church to hear Christmas Carols.  At a certain age, you don't expect to receive gifts from family and friends.  We give out gifts here and exchange Christmas cards.  At 6AM, my relatives would bang on our door announcing Christmas, at 6AM, we were still in bed.  The practice maybe different but the thought of spending Christmas with the family remains the same.  

For Christmas 2010, we prepared food together, went to church together and had meal together.  The next day, we opened presents.  I love the small intimate family meal.  We may not be surrounded by everyone but at least we get to spend quality time together.  I've always wanted to have a family meal all dressed up and I finally had my wish after 13 years of dreaming.  LOL!  


The simple Chistmas table setting that gave me sleepless nights.  I had so much ideas and with lack of funds, I end up with this one. :)












Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting