Thursday 9 December 2010

ARTsy

I don't really know where my love and appreciation for arts came from.  Even my interest of fashion is a mystery to me.  I don't have fashionable parents nor was I ever surrounded with people who bought designer labels.  We grew up average with simple basic needs.  I am the first person in my family - both my mum's and dad's- to purchase a designer handbag.  Good thing I've evolved and was exposed to cable TV.  Even having cable TV to where I was from used to be very rare.  When I was 7 years old, my siblings and I were shipped to a province 3 hours drive from Manila.  Cable TV shaped my love for fashion.  I still think that I will look like Carolina Herrera when I'm on my 50's.  That crisp white shirt and long skirt will be forever etched in my mind.  

I loved Tate Modern because most exhibitions are free and people seem normal.  It's not so formal environment compared to the National Gallery but I could be wrong.  I wanted to go again to see Ai Wei Wei's sunflower installation.  1600 Chinese people worked for the 100 Million Sunflower seeds.  Everything handpainted.  If that doesn't impress, I don't know what will.  I was also obsessing about Ron Mueck's work.  I was googling his exhibition dates hoping his work will be in the UK when I came across one of the photos of his works online.  It turns out, I saw the "Mask II" when I visited the British Museum in Autumn 2008 to see Marc Quinn's Siren - The solid gold cast of Kate Moss.  I told my dear boyfriend how happy I was and he told me that he is happy that I am able to appreciate art.  :)


 Ron Mueck's Mask II
Marc Quinn's Siren.  That's Kate Moss in yoga position.
I went to see this twice.  The second time with my dear sister.
This is the inside of the British Museum.  I always think that this place is a good venue for fashion show.  If you can see the staircase, you'll know.  The high ceilings is amazing too.

Oh, one of the rooms that house the 17th Century paintings in National Gallery is called Yves Saint Laurent Room.  My mind retains mostly fashion related stuff.  Hahaha!

Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting