Saturday 16 October 2010

Spanish Fiesta

As many of you know, I am sucker for the performing arts.  Remember when I took my friend Doris to the FREE Yamato Taiko Drumming Performance back in July?  We queued up for hours but we didn't care.  

I studied 2 levels of Spanish at Instituto Cervantes and during my stay there, I signed up for email event subscription.  Last Wednesday, I received an email alert regarding the free Flamenco Performance.  As an admirer of the performing arts, I couldn't pass on on this.  If you would ask me, it was okay.  Shoot me but I like the classical performance.  I like the drama, the classic outfit and the red lips.  When I think of Flamenco, I think of Carmen Performance that I saw in Madrid.  Although Concha Jareño is one of the best Flamenco dancers of her generation, a good entertainer and dancer, I didn't like her modern take into it.  I like the classic Flamenco attitude.  Wala yung taray na hinahanap ko.  Period.

One thing I didn't like about Filos, if it's free, they wouldn't sit through the whole show if they didn't like what they see.  They will leave in the middle of the performance.  Kainis!  All in all, it was a fun night and I wouldn't mind going again especially if it's free.  :P





This is what I wore that night:


Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting