Thursday 17 June 2010

Bikini Beach, Another Disappointment



Trip Advisor said Bikini Beach is a deserted beach with powdery white sand so gave it a shot.  Surprise, surprise, we were disappointed!  True there's a handful of people there but with powdery white sand, I beg to differ.  I've never seen a very horrible beach in my entire beach history.  It is 100 times worse than Panglao Island and I don't think anyone will attempt to swim there.  I've also seen lots of sea urchins.  Scary.  


I took a photo of Mr. Banks hoping that the DSLR will make the place prettier, it did not.
Powdery White Sand my a**.  God, I don't think I've been this mean before.
Dear boyfriend's first tricycle ride.  I had to take photo of it.  According to the driver, they call the tricycles as moving bible.  Each tricycle got it's own bible verse.  Also according to him, people from Bohol are very religious and they wanted to show it.

I have to say, transportation in Panglao Island is very difficult.  In this 3 hours journey(including the bee farm stop over), we had to pay PHP 500.  That is a lot of money.  Plus a normal tricycle ride(if the place have good transportation) costs at least PHP 8 but not more than PHP50.  

I was very pleased that the tricycle driver suggested the bee farm.  I have doubts about the place since we saw nothing but disappointment in Panglao Island.  We were both pleasantly surprised and the tour is cheap, PHP20 per person.  :)  If anyone's visiting Panglao Island, don't give this a miss.   


Spot the queen bee.  Clue: It's the largest on the bunch.
Ice Cream.  Dear boyfriend got his Spicy Ginger and Buko(Coconut) Ice Cream for free cause he won the guess which spice is this against me.  I had Avocado and Pandan by the way.  

Aside from the tour, you can also stay at the bee farm and buy different home, body and bath products.  They offer lotion, soap, cocoa tablets, pesto, spreads etc.  We got a coriander spread.  Although I am not a big fan of coriander, I gave it a try.  It was actually nice.  We had bread and coriander spread the next day.

Next blog.  Bohol City Tour.  :D

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting