Sunday 13 March 2011

Puerto Princesa City Tour

We are scheduled to do the city tour on our last day in Puerto Princesa.  We checked out at 8AM on Marina de Bay, our flight was at 1PM and the tour took 3 hours.  We had to skip all the unnecessary stop overs.  

Our first stop was the Crocodile Farm.  This is not to be missed if you like Nature and crocodiles.  They take care of both the freshwater and salt water crocodiles.  The small zoo was interesting too.  Mosquito repellant is necessary though.  Good thing Mr. Banks is always ready with "mozzie stuff".  

The second stop was Baker Hill.  Camwhore worthy and pasalubong place.

The third stop was the butterfly farm.  I wanted to skip this as I've been to one in Bohol but I'm glad I didn't.  They have so many interesting animals(?) there.  Almost everything I can touch.  I had scorpions, millipedes, walking stick insect.  I am sure my sister will run on the sight of each of them.  :P

Final Stop, Mitra Mansion.  The view was amazing from here.  Too much green it feels gives the feel of Tagaytay.

Surprisingly, the Cebu Pacific Flight to Manila from Puerto Princesa was only 25 minutes delayed.  We arrived in Manila just before the rush hour.  As soon as we got into the Airport Metered Taxi, the driver asked which part of Novaliches we were going.  I told him Mindanao Ave.  He said, If you are going to Novaliches Bayan, you are going to pay a different rate.  Oh boy, here we go again.  Luke and I were very worried about the driver.  He can't barely open his eyes.  We almost collided with a car and his excuse was, "the car was sliding".  Luke shouted "stay awake!, stay awake!".  Luke was traumatised and asked the driver to drop us at Trinoma instead.  Took another cab from Trinoma, good thing he didn't rip us off.

At home, Luke asked if he can use our bathroom.  

Me:  Are you using the shower?
Luke:  What shower?  You don't have a shower.
Me:  That's why tabo(a small bucket) is provided.

Luke entered the shower.

Luke:  Ailema, how do I shower?
Me:  Use the tabo.
Luke:  I thought you only use it to pour water over the toilet bowl.  Why do you have two pails?  How do I use them?
Me:  No difference.  Just use the tabo and pour the water into your body.

Then I heard him scream.  The water was cold.  We don't have hot water in our home.  This is third world living for you Luke.  :)

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting