Tuesday 22 March 2011

Marco Polo Davao

In Davao, Luke and I stayed in Marco Polo.  Marco Polo is one of the highest buildings in Davao.  It must be one of the most famous too.  Even the Eden Mountain Resort tour guide knows the building.  :)

There is nothing fancy to the Marco Polo room that we stayed in.  It is a standard room with bath and shower.  I liked the youthful colour of holiday inn's better but that's just me.  The breakfast buffet is amazing though.  Luke told me that it is better than Marriot in Pattaya.

Our stayed was quite pleasant apart from the day that we arrived and found out that our room was unlocked.  It sh*ts the hell out of me. It made me feel unsafe.  The first thing that went to mind was to check the safe.  I have no valuables to be honest.  My laptop is ancient but it got all my photos on it from 2006.  I didn't want to lose all of them.  Luke immediately reported the situation.  The Marco Polo staff reviewed the security cameras and found nothing.  It was a mistake not to lock the door.  We only received an apology call.  No note or sorry basket of fruits.  Luke told me his experience ones in a big hotel in Thailand.  He said he received a basket of fruit and wine when he was sent to the wrong room.  I was expecting something like that to be honest.  

Marco Polo is situated in the heart of the city of Davao with either view of the city or Mt. Apo.  We got the Ateneo de Davao University view but that's okay.  It is near major shopping centers, in front of Aldevinco(which is like a big pasalubong tiangge) and near F. Torres which is a small restaurant strip.  There are generous amount of taxi and public utility jeeps in this area.  Bags and lugguages are checked upon entering the building and any smelly food aren't allowed in(take that durians!).  










ollow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting