Tuesday 27 April 2010

Fried Balut and Other Street Food

Turo-turo or Ihaw-ihaw is a tagalog term for barbeque or grilled.  After work, my friends and I went to a nearby ihaw-ihaw.  They sell fried one day old chick or day old as we commonly call it in the Philippines, fried Penoy and wait for it, fried BALUT!  Balut is an unfertilised egg I think.  Sometimes, you get balut with beaks and hair like feathers.  I eat balut myself which grosses dear boyfriend out.  I don't care.  I will make him eat when he visits.  Hahaha! 

One day old chick on the left and kikiam, I am assuming on the right.
Tofu.  I really hate the texture of tofu.  I eat everything but this is something I couldn't take. 
Fried Penoy.  This is what I had.  It costs 10 pesos each.
Fried Balut.  I didn't realise that they sell them on streets.  I didn't dare eat one.  Maybe next time...  My brother told me that it is "normal" to sell fried balut on streets.
The Condiment.  Vinegar with onions and chili.  I don't use vinegar as a condiment except when I have to eat street foods.  I really hate the strong acidic taste of it.
And boyfriend Cyrus which I pinch on a regular basis.  Babe, you have to meet him.  :P

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting