Wednesday 21 April 2010

La Union: Morning Arrival

One of my goals this year is to travel to at least 5 places that I haven't been in the Philippines.  I've said this before, I am embarassed that I've been to most places in Europe and Asia but I haven't explored my country properly.  My country has a lot to offer from amazing beaches to beautiful coral reefs to good food, the list is endless.  I just need to make time for these.  So far in the past 5 months, I've been to Boracay and Lubang Island.  Both excellent beaches with charms of their own.  I still have 2 pending trips - Batangas and Zambales.  Hopefully no one cancels. *fingers crossed*

La Union is 5.5 hours away by bus.  We took the Partas line from Cubao.  We left at 2AM and got there at 7:30AM.  Too early for check in time which is at 12 noon.  We had breakfast by the beach.  People are surfing as early as that time.  Topless for guys is a must.  Hahaha!  BTW, for my foreign readers,San Juan ,La Union is one of the surfing sites in the Philipppines.  A must for people who wants to learn how to surf.  Lesson starts at 200 pesos per hour plus 250 for surfing boards.  Cheap isn't it?  :P

We stayed at Sebay.  The room costs 1800 +400 for 2 extra mattresses.  The room can accommodate 6 people.
Here's Sebay's Facilities:
Dining Area.
Recreation Area with Billiards, Chess and Darts.  Don't ask me why they have chess area.  This is a new for me.  Normally, beach resorts offers spa and massages.  Not on this one.
We also went to Luke Landrigan's place and took photos. At the moment, there were only 3 beach front resorts in San Juan La Union.  They are building a spa resort opening on July 2010.


Strong Waves!
People I went with.  Sorry, I don't have group photo at the moment.  Wait for my next post. 

Afternoon in La Union on my next post.

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting