Sunday 21 March 2010

Persian Square

After a long week at work, I like to treat myself to a good meal.  Last night, I met up with my friend Egg whom I haven't seen in years!  She was single last time I saw her.  Now she is married and got a 1 year old boy.  Time flies!  She sent me a facebook wall msg and told me that she is gonna take me to a good Persian Resto next time we saw each other.  I trusted her, after all she is half Persian.  :P 

On our way to the Resto, she told me that it was Eid.  I asked, how often does people celebrate that.  She said, she can't remember but according to the Muslim Calendar, it was the New Years.  The place was packed with Iranians.  I haven't seen so much Iranians in my life and I didn't know that there are Iranians in my country.  To where I live, I only see Filos or the occassional White person.  We couldn't find any seats.  Most of the tables were booked.  There were only 2 available tables that night and we had to sit outside.  Plus during that night, each person has a minimum purchase of P600.  With P1200, we were able to have, two drinks, Mirza Ghasemi and Pita, Kabab Barg and Rice and Sheesha.

Mirza Ghasemi.  Eaten with Pita bread.  Very good.  :)
Kabab Barg.  I asked what Kabab means.  She said, anything grilled, like a barbeque.  This is by far the most tasty kabab that I had.  The beef was very very soft.  The spices married together beautifully.  This is a must try.
We only manage to finish half the portion of this rice.  I guess, talking made us full.  :P

It was good catching up with friends.  I wish to see most of my friends before I go on my assignment. 

It's a Sunday today, half past 3 and I'm still in bed.  Talk about being productive!  LOL!

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting