Tuesday 16 March 2010

Idol and Me in Jatujak

Jatujak pronounced as Chatuchak.

Once in a while, I like to treat myself to a nice meal.  Once in a while is like once a week on my time line.  :P  I was planning to go to a Little Thai Restaurant in the Block yesterday but when I asked my friends if they want to join, only one of them said yes.  Everyone has prior engagement as it was salary day.  We get our salaries twice a month by the way - on the 15th and the end of the month.

My regular readers know how much I am dying to eat Somtam again.  Thai restaurant is not common in a fastfood/chinese food infested country.  Although I love to eat on both, I have to eat on a new restaurant from time to time. 


Ain't the place mat cute?  I am loving purple at the moment.  I've been using purple fabrics since I started work.
Our Meal.
Alex had Thai Iced Coffee(P70) while I had Thai Iced Tea(P78)l didn't finish
mine.  Very rare for a fatty like me. It was a litre big!  I love the taste of the tea.  Not so sweet unlike what I used to have on the streets of Pattaya.  They use pure condensed milk there.
Roast Duck Curry(P280).  It was okay.  Too creamy for me.  It over powers the taste of the duck.  I usually love duck but this one is so mediocre in taste.  Serves 1-2 people.
The mighty Somtam(P125).  Thank you Lord for this Somtam.  Now I can sleep well thiking that I can satisfy my Somtam cravings!  Dear boyfriend, you just need to perfect the somtam recipe now. 

Where should I eat next???

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting