Friday 10 June 2011

Company Day at STILTS Calatagan, Batangas

First off, it's not pronounced as STEELTS.  I haven't blogged in a while and I am starting this entry being a bitch.

I haven't been on a company day and to be honest, I don't really get what the fuss was all about.  I still don't feel part of the company as I have been only working there for over a month and to be frank, I will choose sleep over the celebration.  I have been sleep deprived since working and my body needs rest.  My work is very physically draining, something that I didn't factor in when I applied for the position.  

The company day fell on a Monday and I did work til 7:30PM that Sunday.  I was home before 10PM and woke up at 12 midnight.  I couldn't sleep.  I was scared that I might sleep through my alarm.  I met up my colleague at 3AM to get to Buendia before 4AM.  We were scheduled to leave at half past 4AM.  We make it through the deadline and was in Batangas by 8AM.  Arlene and I slept through the trip.  I was still tired when I woke up.

The program was short.  It was started with a prayer followed by the "folk" dance competition, loyalty awards then finally lunch.  My branch lost but I was happy seeing the result of their hardwork.  They did pretty well.  :)

Enjoying the trip wasn't something that I've expected.  My original plan was to sleep and rest but I came prepared with change of clothes and swimsuit.  I knew that my workmates came prepared too.  

The company day coincided with many celebrations.  That week, Miss Nors got married, Arlene and I's SC phase ended and GCC's last day.  It was a day full of emotions.  Mark - GCC cried just before we departed the resort whilst Arlene and I slept through the trip back to Buendia.  :)  It was a tiring but enjoyable day. 
 Love(that's her name).  She seriously looked so exotic.
 Jane and Arlene.  Two of the people that I made friends with at work.
  Jane looked so pretty with or without make up on.
 Head Office Dance Performance

 My branch's dance performance.


 We stayed on one of the houses on stilts.

Mark GCC, Miss Nors and Mark.


Follow my blog with bloglovin

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting