Sunday 24 April 2011

Boac, Marinduque Trip - Day 3

With only an hour of sleep, Tita Didit woke us up knocking on our front door.  She said she needed to go to Boac and offered to gave us a lift.  Boac is an hour away from Gasan I think.  It felt that long.  Boac is also the city capital of Marinduque.  I loved the well-preserved and functioning ancestral houses.  I don't know how they managed to do that but it was very amazing to see.  


Boac Cathedral.  It was built in 1666.  Fil-Hispanic Gothic Architecture design.  Reminds me of Baclayon Church in Bohol.
Sampung Utos carved in stone.  Sampung Utos is 10 commendments in English.  
The altar.



Boac City Center.  They don't have shopping centers here, just small businesses.  Above is the photo of the well-preserved ancetral house that I was talking about.  

We left Gasan at 8PM last night, boarded the RORO at 11:30 and I was home at 6AM.  It was that quick.  I was very tired this morning and ended up sleeping for 5.5 hours.  Did my laundry and now relaxing until I get to work tom.  Excited!!!

Follow my blog with bloglovin

2 comments:

Dunhill Diaries said...

nice shots! i wish i could visit those historic places. i'm definitely a new follower of your blog.

♥ monica

Miss Ailema said...

Thank you! I make sure that I travel whenever I can. :) Will check out your blog too.

DISCLAIMER

ALL PHOTOS ARE OWNED BY ME UNLESS CREDITED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE GONNA USE ANY OF MY PHOTOS. THANKS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

nuffnang

 

Template by Best Web Hosting